Steganography and Business
What Can Business Do to Counter Steganography?
- Assess the Need/Importance of Multimedia Files
- Does the organization need GIF, JPG, BMP, etc?
- Are these files/attachments needed just internally or externally?
- Filter these file types at the fire wall
- Check for / delete Inactive User Accounts
- Be Aware of Files of Unknown/Questionable Origin
- Your system may be used as an intermediate “drop”
- Perform a file audit
- Question / Challenge users on unusual files
Introduction to Steganography